Monday, October 17, 2011

Giuliana Rancic diagnosed with breast cancer

Giuliana Rancic announced this morning she will begin treatment for early-stage breast cancer.

Giiuliana Rancic and Bill RancicE! News host Giuliana Rancic made a tearful announcement during an appearance on The Today Show. "I have early stage breast cancer," Rancic, 37, said.

Rancic said that her doctor insisted she get a mammogram before she go through her third in vitro fertilization attempt -- she and her husband Bill Rancic have been trying for several years to start a family. Rancic said that her doctor told her that pregnancy hormones could "accelerate the cancer." The Giuliana & Bill star said she has no family history of breast cancer and said she "wasn’t prepared to get a mammogram until I was 40 years old." Rancic reluctantly had one, "kicking and screaming," she joked.

"I never in my wildest dreams expected anything to be wrong," she said.

When the doctor called to tell her the news, she became very emotional. "It was just a kick in the stomach," she said. "That was the hardest day. It was incredible instant sobbing, and it was like the world just crashed down around me."

She is optimistic about her prognosis and treatment, saying she is lucky she found it early.

"I will be okay, because I found it early. I'm doing surgery this coming week, and then I go to radiation for six and a half weeks," an emotional Rancic told Ann Curry.

The support of her husband has been "unbelievable," she gushes. "He lets me cry when I want to cry. He just lets me feel what I want to feel."

She said the breast cancer has not stopped her determination to start a family -- and she now has a more philosophical look at her infertility struggle. "I'm not gonna give up. That baby will have saved my life. There's some master plan. Now I know that [God] was looking out for me."

Rancic, who actually appeared in a breast cancer awareness video before she was diagnosed, said that her diagnosis has taught her an important lesson. "I think a lot of us think we're invincible. We have to start putting ourselves on the to do list," she said.

http://www.starpulseonline.com/images/celebrity/giuliana-rancic.jpghttp://images.ctv.ca/archives/CTVNews/img2/20110224/470_giuliana_rancic_110224.jpghttp://i1-news.softpedia-static.com/images/news2/Giuliana-Rancic-Reveals-Breast-Cancer-Diagnosis-2.jpghttp://resources2.news.com.au/images/2011/10/18/1226169/213842-giuliana-rancic.jpg

http://www.pbfingers.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/giulana-rancic_thumb.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment